Wanted: Equipment Manager
Summary: The equipment manager will coordinate the entire equipment area. Some of the responsibilities include inventory, disbursement, cleaning, laundering and maintenance. Extensive interaction with coaches, staff, players and other rink employees is required of this position. These responsibilities are to be taken care of at all practices and games. The position would be effective at the start of the 2018-2019 season.
Extensive background in hockey. Strong organizational, time management and communication skills required. Must be experienced in skate sharpening. Must possess valid drivers license and high school diploma.
Please contact Scott Hoyer at email@example.com with your resume and references. Deadline for accepting resumes is April 30, 2018.
Abilities and Skills:
• Ability to skate sharpen
• Ability to make skate repairs (replacement, riveting, eyelets, punching, use of oven)
• Ability to sew
• Ability to make effective equipment modifications
• Ability to keep, maintain, and prepare effective and accurate records
• Ability to maintain effective relationships with management, league officials, facility representatives, fellow employees, and the general public
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, etc)
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Daily practice set up (towels, jerseys, socks, laundry bags, sport drinks, water, etc.)
• Pre-practice skate sharpening, equipment repairs, equipment modifications, and sewing
• Pre-practice bench set up: water bottles, coaches board, tape, sticks, tires, etc.
• Post-practice skate sharpening, equipment repair (sewing), equipment modifications, equipment replacement, equipment cleaning, and laundry
• All general housekeeping duties for the following areas: dressing room, weight room, training room, coach’s office, bathrooms, showers, and hallways
• In charge of communicating with opposition trainers/equipment personnel about all confirmations on building availability, arrival times, practice ice schedules, etc.
• Game day set up: home team dressing room, visitors dressing room, and referees room (in accordance with league rules) • In-season and post-season inventory of all hockey equipment, supplies, etc.
• Begin to develop contacts within the league for the purpose of becoming familiar with arena regulations and set up, and begin to “network” with equipment manufactures reps and vendors
• Keep and maintain effective and accurate records